- Lautus Solutions (Pty) Ltd, 20 Woodlands Dr, Woodlands, Woodmead, ("we" or "Lautus" in this notification) is the operator of the website (www.lautus.net) and is the responsible party for the handling of personal information of users of the Lautus information services ("you“).
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. We have taken technical and organisational steps to ensure that applicable protection regulations and legislation are observed by ourselves and our service providers.
This Privacy Notice sets out how Lautus will process your personal information in the ordinary course of conducting its business and it also applies to Lautus’s website.
- We take the protection of your personal information seriously. We have taken technical and organisational steps to ensure that applicable protection regulations and legislation are observed by ourselves and our service providers.
- This Privacy Notice sets out how Lautus will process your personal information in the ordinary course of conducting its business and it also applies to Lautus’s website.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- User information
- When you engage the services of Lautus, register on the website, or update your account, Lautus collects the information that you voluntarily submit. This includes your name, physical address, email address, phone number, login name and password, ID number, date of birth, as well as the preferences and settings that you enable for your account.
- We may collect additional information that you submit when you contact customer support or provide feedback.
- Transactional information
- We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including:
- The Tau platform
- Our support portal
- Our documentation portal
- Usage information
- We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, pages viewed, and other system activity. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. We use this information to improve your online experience, and you may choose to disable cookies on your browser.
- Device information
- We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages and unique device identifiers
- Information from other sources
This may include:
- users requesting services for you or on your behalf;
- business partners through which you create or access your account, such as payment providers, social media services or other on-demand services;
- publicly available sources; or
- marketing service providers.
- Sensitive personal information
It is not standard practice for us to collect sensitive personal information about you, such as information relating to your health, religion, political beliefs, race or sexual orientation, except with your express consent or unless we are required to do so by law.
- Linked personal information
If we link other data with your personal information as provided to us, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
- Refusal to Provide personal information
You have the right to refuse to provide us with any or all of the above personal information, but your refusal may result in us being unable to provide you with all of our services and offerings.
- HOW LAUTUS USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Providing services and features
Lautus uses the information we collect to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- create and update your account;
- verify your identity;
- enable features that allow you to share information with other people;
- enable features to personalise your Lautus account; and/or
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshooting software, conducting data analysis and testing and researching.
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the security of our services. This includes:
- preventing, detecting and combating unsafe activities.
- Customer support
Lautus uses the information we collect to assist you when you contact customer support, including to:
- investigate and address your concerns;
- monitor and improve our response.
- Communication from Lautus
- Lautus may use information to communicate system support and maintenance issues with you
- Lautus may use information to communicate marketing materials with you.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information in a variety of ways when you interact with us, including when:
- you engage us to provide our services;
- you register / create an account with us;
- we respond to your enquiries and requests;
- as a result of communications between you and our representatives;
- we obtain feedback from you about our services; and
- you access and use our website.
- We may also collect your personal information from third party sources and third parties including public databases, business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services, to the extent that this is permitted by applicable law.
- PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We collect and use personal information to:
- send communications to you;
- establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships;
- respond to enquiries and requests;
- develop, provide, and improve our services and products;
- inform you about our services;
- obtain feedback from you on our services;
- provide you with a more personalised experience when you interact with us;
- conduct administrative and business functions;
- update our records and keep contact details up to date;
- enable you effectively to use and to improve our website and systems;
- compile website and system usage statistics;
- assess the performance of our website and systems and to improve their operation;
- process and respond to privacy questions, concerns and complaints; and
- fulfil legal and contractual obligations.
- TRANSFERS TO THIRD PARTIES
Lautus may share the information we collect with:
- Lautus affiliates
We share information with our affiliates, who are similarly bound by this Privacy Notice, to help provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
- Lautus service providers and partners
Lautus may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- payment processors and facilitators;
- cloud storage providers;
- marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- data analytics providers.
- research partners;
- consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers; and
insurance and financing partners
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Lautus may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
- With your consent
Lautus may share your information other than as described in this Privacy Notice if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
- Lautus requires user profile information in order to provide our services. We retain such information for as long as we provide services to you.
- Once information is no longer necessary to provide Lautus services, enable customer support, to enhance the user experience or for other operational purposes, Lautus takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
- You may request deletion of your account at any time through our customer support channels.
- Lautus may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Lautus is committed to protecting your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards and contractually requiring that third parties to whom we disclose your personal information do the same. Whilst Lautus makes every effort to secure its applications and websites, you should note that the internet is not completely secure; thus when you submit or post personal information online, you should be aware that Lautus cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you submit or post online.
- DIRECT MARKETING
- You can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from Lautus by email, SMS, social media platforms or phone. Even when you have agreed to this, you may opt out of receiving future marketing materials from us at any time and manage your communication preferences by:
- following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or SMS text message from us, or
- sending an email to email@example.com including your details and a description of the marketing material you no longer wish to receive from us. We will comply with your request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- If you opt out of receiving marketing related communications from us, we may still send you administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our website, solutions or services.
- We do not provide your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes or sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- Cookies are text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media and advertisements.
- authenticating users;
- remembering user preferences and settings;
- determining the popularity of content;
- delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns; and
- We recommend that you allow cookies. You can adjust the settings and options on your browser to disable or enable them or visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed information about managing cookies on various browsers.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
We operate and communicate through our designated channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, help and engage with our users. We monitor and record comments and posts made about us on these channels so that we can improve our services. The general public can access and read any information posted on these sites. We are not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by our designated officials. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves, or any information posted on them by third parties or other users. When you engage with us through social media, your personal information may be processed by the site owner; this processing occurs outside of our control and may take place in a country outside South Africa that may have different privacy regulations. We regularly update and monitor our social media accounts and welcome feedback and ideas sent to us through these channels. We try to join conversations whenever possible but cannot guarantee that we will read or reply to all messages sent to official Lautus social media accounts. Consistent feedback and helpful suggestions will be given to the relevant people within the company for consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any feedback or suggestions will be acted upon by Lautus.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
Our websites may contain links to sites and applications operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party site or application and we are not responsible for any third-party content or privacy policies. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the relevant third-party privacy policies.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION OF MINORS
Lautus does not engage with persons under the age of 18 years old. Minors should not transmit personal information to us without consent of their parents or guardians.
- CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any updates of this Notice will be posted on the Lautus website, together with an updated revision date. Unless otherwise stated, any new Privacy Notice will supersede the previous Notice.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to receive information from Lautus regarding details of your personal information that is in our possession.
- You have the right to request rectification and/or erasure of your personal information or restriction of processing concerning you, or to object to the processing of your personal information, as well as the right to data portability.
- To exercise your rights, you can contact the Lautus Information Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any complaint about the manner in which Lautus handles your personal information you may lodge a complaint with the South African Information Regulator (email@example.com)